More brainstorming

The quarantine that consumed my life back in mid-March included a toll of other perspective-altering circumstances. During my stay in, while I was painting, I got some grave news that turned my quarantine from frustrating to depressing. I got a call that one of my closest friends had passed away. Not only did this mean she didn't get to see what life was like after this excursion, but that I never truly got to say goodbye to her given the circumstances. And at first, it hurt really bad. I couldn't get anything done or even talk to my family. I just sat and kept alone with my thoughts. I asked the universe, "How? In this time where I am already vulnerable, you take more from me?" And then I realized that this was going to be my 'dark place'. I refused to go any deeper out of fear of disappointing those around me. And then it really hit me. I felt as though I was living in the world of Lady Bird, where she just cannot catch a break in the time where she is trying to discover herself. I decided to culminate my life to one of my favorite films and finally attest to the saying that life really does imitate art. 

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, and that this happened during a time when you cannot seek hugs from friends. I hope that writing this helped you, at least a tiny bit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Culminating Essay Brainstorming #4

Culminating essay thesis/booklist